Scott:

I have been through this issue with YAHOO and GMAIL.
AFter talking with their support people it appears to be their issue.
Although they deny it.
The issue is that the (listserv) mail server (rightly or wrongly depending on your POV) configure the email headers with the sender as being "you" (your email address rather than IMO the mailserver address) and their SPAM filters toss out to/from emails . I am sure others are more conversant as to which is right but it comes down to YAHOO and GMAIL (and others) take the road as its wrong. If you really want to follow through with this have a discussion with Darren and I think you will get no where as it comes down to what opinion you want to invalidate.
You will get no where with GMAIL and YAHOO.
I suspect the same with Darren.
In short IMO its a no win argument.

Ed