In <9b277c67-0e6e-4fbc-b50d-83450902d...@comcast.net>, on 09/19/2012
   at 11:36 PM, Ed Gould <edgould1...@comcast.net> said:

>Sender: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Try pointing this out to them.

>I have been through this issue with YAHOO and GMAIL.
>AFter talking with their support people it appears to be
>their issue. Although they deny it.
>The issue is that the (listserv) mail server (rightly or wrongly
>depending on your POV) configure the email headers with the sender as
> being "you" (your email address rather than IMO the mailserver
>address)

No. Both the return path in the MAIL command and the address in the
Sender: header field are IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU. Their mail server
is broken. See <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5321.txt>,
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5322.txt> and
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5598.txt>.

>I am sure others are more conversant as to which is right but it
>comes down to YAHOO and GMAIL (and others) take the road as its
>wrong.

IMHO the best approach is to ask some of their customers and users
point them to the above RFC's.

>I suspect the same with Darren.

Darren is doing exactly what he should be doing.