From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of zMan
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 11:06 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Career Advice for the Mainframer - Was RE: Another Light goes out

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:46:04 -0500, Roberts, John J <jrobe...@dhs.state.ia.us>
wrote:

> Well, to each his own.  You can either resist change, or you can
> embrace it.  I chose to embrace it.  I think it has extended my career.

And even if you don't leave the mainframe, knowing more about the industry and
how things work helps you do a better job: rebutting stupid "PCs are better"
arguments, for example. Far too many folks on this list make snide remarks
about squatty boxes--and then ask questions to which the answer is GIYF.
--
zMan -- "I've got a mainframe and I'm not afraid to use it"

Attention:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
system and destroy any copies.  (GWCC)