It is somewhat alarming that several posted that they are not signed up
for the security portal. Someone also posted that they are signed up for
red alerts and asked why it was not sent that way.

As I understand it, a red alert was sent out (perhaps this past July)
stating that the method for sending and alerting about security and
integrity PTFs is via the security portal. Simply, the security portal is
the red alert process for security and integrity PTFs.

Perhaps I am oversimplifying, but it seems that every customer should make
sure that they
-- are signed up for red alerts
-- pay attention to those red alerts
-- sign up for the security portal.
This should not be new news.

It should be well understood that z/OS provides few if any details on
integrity APARs.

The PTFs were available via the security portal on December 20. I have no
information about why they were not found the day after Christmas when
someone looked at  www.ibm.com/support.
But I'm glad to hear they are there now.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design