Jon,
  You have to email the listserv for everyone to see your note. See
instructions at the bottom of this post.

All,
  I think I've posted this before, but this is how I avoid semi-colons and
plus signs. I just have a job where I can type normal commands and see the
output as I'd like.

//DONBPX JOB (,R282),POITRAS,NOTIFY=SASDTP,TIME=(0,10),CLASS=A,
//            REGION=1M,MSGCLASS=A
//*
//*  The idea here is that I'd like to see the commands printed
//*  along with the output. set -x will do that (while printing
//*  a "++" in front of the commands, but that's ok), but sends
//*  it's debugging output to stderr. By setting stdout and
//*  stderr to the same file, the output is interleaved and the
//*  final step prints the result.
//*
//COPY1    EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSIN    DD DUMMY
//SYSUT1   DD *
set -x
cd /u/sasdtp/temp
pwd
ls -Fartl
date
/*
//SYSUT2   DD PATH='/u/sasdtp/donbpx2.txt',
//            PATHOPTS=(ORDWR,OTRUNC,OCREAT),PATHMODE=SIRWXU,
//            PATHDISP=(KEEP,DELETE),FILEDATA=TEXT
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//BPXBAT   EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,PARMDD=PARMINDD
//STDIN    DD DUMMY
//STDOUT   DD PATH='/u/sasdtp/donbpx2.out.txt',
//            PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OTRUNC,OCREAT),PATHMODE=SIRWXU,
//            PATHDISP=(KEEP,DELETE),FILEDATA=TEXT
//STDERR   DD PATH='/u/sasdtp/donbpx2.out.txt',
//            PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OTRUNC,OCREAT),PATHMODE=SIRWXU,
//            PATHDISP=(KEEP,DELETE),FILEDATA=TEXT
//PARMINDD DD *
sh /u/sasdtp/donbpx2.txt
/*
//COPY2    EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSIN    DD DUMMY
//SYSUT1   DD PATH='/u/sasdtp/donbpx2.out.txt',
//            PATHOPTS=(ORDONLY),
//            RECFM=VB,LRECL=1024,BLKSIZE=3000
//SYSUT2   DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//

result:

++ cd /u/sasdtp/temp
++ pwd
/u/sasdtp/temp
++ ls -Fartl
total 620
-rw-r--r--    1 SASDTP   CCD         5797 Jan 20  2011 hexdump.C
-rwxr-xr-x    1 SASDTP   CCD       118784 Jan 20  2011 hexdump*
-rwx------    1 SASDTP   CCD       129024 Jan 20  2011 hexdump.pax*
drwxr-xr-x    2 SASDTP   CCD         8192 Oct 30  2019 ./
drwxr-xr-x  131 SASDTP   CCD        32768 May 15 14:04 ../
++ date
Fri May 15 14:15:35 UTC 2020

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513