Fiche story: I had an autocommand that displayed the spool percentage every hour or so. Then maybe once a month I would run a program to grab all the percentages from syslog and produce a horizontal bar graph - just a simple line of 1 to 100 asterisks for each sample. I'd print months of that to fiche, and was surprised that I could read the graph pretty well without a magnifier. So when we had a spool shortage and a manager came over saying, "Add another spool pack", I'd check for a spike or trend by holding the fiche up to my desk lamp. I'm sure the manager thought I was a little nutty with that report, but that was part of the fun.