Hi,
Github Enterprise provides callbacks/webhooks, which are executed on commit. So
I have successfully tested the following:IMS Proclib members as files in a
directory in a Github repository. Callback enabled that invokes a jenkins job,
which in turn updates the IMS Proclib PDS.So you need Github Enterprise,
Jenkins and ssh access to your z/OS, at best by using certificates. And
anything additional you require beyond that.The jenkins job can be set up to do
whatever you want in whatever language/method you want, it can be Ansible or
just a bash script executed with ssh command on z/OS or ftp that submits a job
using ftp spool api. There are all sorts of plugins for Jenkins.For example the
jenkins job could update z/OS Parmlib and issue a z/OS command to refresh it
afterwards. You could even add a step to the jenkins job to issue a display
command and check the output if the refresh was successful, otherwise the
jenkins job can be marked as failed.The jenkins job could call an IMS or CICS
transaction or do some SQL to Db2 as part of the job. It could run an image
copy or flash copy restore.The webhook/callback provides the names of the
changed entities, so the update can be limited to just the member that has
changed.
After that is tested you can switch to github being the leading system and
every commit to github will drive the change on z/OS.
But for some tasks you might need a REXX or python scripts, bash scripts or
even an assembler routine, because functionality to be called can sometimes be
implemented easier running on z/OS.For review on github you could setup forks
and each change is a pull request, which needs to be reviewed before
merged/commited into the actual repo. The github web interfaces also allow for
discussions, so there could be a thread with a discussion tied to a pull
request or commit, which can be used for auditing.
Of course its not limited to Jenkins, other solutions work as well, but just to
give you the idea.

Hope it helps,Denis.