>> What I found really annoying in my serverpac was that I was asked
>> for the jobclass for sysout data sets, dutifully specified an
>> asterisk (take the one from the jobcard) and then got generated
>> statements like this: SYSPRINT DD *. It took me a while to
>> understand why I had gotten either abend001 or abend04c and had no
>> sysprint to look for the reason.
>
>I'm confused.  ServerPac is available now in two forms; the old-school
>CustomPac Installation Dialog, or z/OSMF portable software instance.  Is
>this a comment on the workflows supplied with the z/OSMF portable software
>instance, or with the CustomPac Installation Dialog?
The SYSPRINT DD * (and other output to spool)  was generated using the
old-school serverpac/custompac. We don't have zOSMF up and running, so this was
strictly generated from the CPP ISPF panels. Even some JCL in the CPAC proclib
was generated this (wrong) way.

In any case, I am now done with the dialogs, and comparing /etc and /var with
our actual etc and var.

Regards, Barbara