From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Kurt J. Quackenbush [ku...@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2021 2:53 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Serverpac installs January 2022 and beyond - Issues

> Does the z/OSMF workflow support the following methodology:

To clarify terminology I'll rephrase your question to what I think you
meant to ask:
Does z/OSMF Software Management, and the z/OSMF workflows supplied with
the IBM ServerPac portable software instance, support the following
methodology?

>  1. There are multiple clones for each release, each with its own
> SMP and zFS datasets

Yes.

>  2. The naming convention for dlib and target volumes encapsulate a
> release and a clone within the release

Yes, the volume names can be whatever you choose.

>  3. The naming convention for SMP and zFS datasets encapsulate a
> release and a clone within the release

Yes, the data set names can be whatever you choose.

>  4. All parameter members use static system symbols to refer to
> residence volumes and zFS datasets.

Hmmm... this I don't know.  I don't know the details of the PARMLIB
members constructed by the workflows supplied with the ServerPac.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, z/OS SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.