Hi list,

Is the BLSR subsystem (batch local shared resources) still a viable/valuable
thing or has it been replaced by something bigger/better/faster?  I seem to be
stuck in the  mid-90s because the most current documentation I can find on it
is from MVS/ESA 5.1 dated 1994.  Is there more current documentation on how to
use it and how it works?  Has it been replaced and deprecated?  I just had a
developer use it last week and experienced a 40+ reduction in I/Os but I wanted
to read up on its limitations - especially around using it on a shared VSAM
dataset.  However I can't find anything newer than 25+ years old.   I did
multiple internet searches which is where I found the ESA manual.  I checked
the knowledge center and my own z/OS 2.2 and 2.4 collections all to no avail.

Thanks,

Rex

The information contained in this message is confidential, protected from
disclosure and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, copying, or any action taken or action omitted in reliance on it,
message and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard
copy format. Thank you.