I had a lively discussion with Mr. Zelden about zAAP on Main. We ran WAS 3.02
freeware pre zAAP in 2001. CPC was 9672-RB6, 2 way 166 MIPS.When we started the
server address space the lights dimmed. I crowed loudly to IBM  about having a
min. requirement for MIPS which came out in a later offering with
documentation. Took a while but zAAP  would have helped mitigate that power
drain on the LPAR as an asset so for me it was in direct correlation to a
performance boost and less to do with marketing as we might have assumed at the
time ... just saying ... Sadly I never obtained a machine with zAAP and was
left with fiddling with tuning the environment best I could.Sent from my
Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> Date:
5/20/22  7:09 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU Subject: Re: Mark
your calendars for July 10, 2022 - CustomPac intended removal date Did the
MP2000 and MP3000 simulate S/390 on x86 chips, use P/390 technology or use
tailored hardware?Since ZAAP (remember it?) and ZIIP are marketing gimmicks to
begin with, IBM could easilly add one to the mix if they believed that there
was a business case.--Shmuel (Seymour J.)
Metzhttp://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3________________________________________From:
IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Andrew
Rowley [and...@blackhillsoftware.com]Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2022 8:23 PMTo:
ibm-m...@listserv.ua.EDUSubject: Re: Mark your calendars for July 10, 2022 -