From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jack Zukt
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2022 5:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Finding uncatalogued datasets

Thank you all for your input.
Regarding the last comments, my problem is that I have found multiple "SMS"
uncatalogued datasets. A few are rolled out GDG versions, but most are not.
And yes, the environment in a parallel sysplex with two master catalogs, but
those files are all (were) in user catalogs visible on all lpars with shared
alias. I am excluding from this search the master catalogue aliases, such as
SYS1.
Prior to looking for help I was considering a rexx using the catalog search
interface to validate the files, but I would prefer a more standard approach if
I could find one.
Regards
Jack