-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
David Spiegel
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2023 10:25

You said: "... a number of reasons they want you on-site that doesn't have to
do with trust ..."
Here's one (especially governments in the US and Canada (I've worked for
both)): We've always done it this way (and we're not going revisit this ...
ever)) aka inertia.

If I had on-site colleagues with whom I have to regularly confer in person,
you're obviously correct.  Otherwise, I don't see the value in commuting 2
hours/day uncompensated.  (6 years ago, I had a job doing Online Banking
Development and this was the case.)