On Sun, 19 Feb 2023, at 23:27, Beverly Caldwell wrote:
> I would answer your questions if knew who you were and why you were asking!
> But yes it has never been a problem for me. Sometimes takes a little
> deviousness to make the transfer work.  These people think they are
> so smart but there is usually a way round their little schemes.

I do not see why you'd to know who I am - how does that affect the answer?

I've been reading and posting on IBM-mainframe mail lists/newsgroups for -
I think - about 25 years.  Before ill-health forced me to stop work I was an
MVS sysprog at a UK bank for a while, then led a small programming team
who (amongst other things) worked on SA/390 automation.  If you don't
believe it, search for me on LinkedIn.

I'm asking because I've been following the thread and was somewhat amazed
at the assumption that soneone starting work at a new site could expect to
bring their own tools with them, with impunity.

When you refer to "These people think they are so smart...", who do you mean?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.