W dniu 22.05.2023 o 15:48, Bob Bridges pisze:
Wait, did I misunderstand this?  People buy their first mainframe and run
Linux on it?!

(Color me ignorant, but I've always thought of OMVS as a late add-on.)

Yes, definitely.
In Poland we have at least two such new users, one of them agreed to use his name Nowy Styl. It is furniture company. I'm aware of the second, but AFAIK they are not reference. Both are absolutely new users of very first mainframe. LinuxOne. I'm also aware of several other attempts where LinuxONE was seriously considered. I supported some of them.

BTW: it is not public, but really well known: there is attempt to purchase yet another mainframe. This time not for zLinux, but for... zTPF.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland