On 8/14/23 3:23 PM, Bob Bridges wrote:
Am I missing something? Why the interest in making life hard for recruiters? Ok, I'm a contractor so my continued employment depends on their existence. Still, why?

Recruiters aren't a problem if they are /good/ recruiters. As in they pay attention to what you tell them and they don't bother you with things that don't qualify.

I've dealt with some good recruiters. I've also dealt with some exceedingly bad recruiters.

If I thought that you normally work under those conditions - $125/hr or outside the US half the time - then of course you're just stating up front one of your requirements. From the tone, though, it sounds like you're trying to make them unhappy for the fun of it. Is there something going on here that I'm not aware of?

I've dealt with way too many bad recruiters this year. I've told them up front, what I'm looking for in very clear and concise manner.

I clearly provided; salary, location / remote, and job function.

Too many of them would inquire if I wanted to drive a forklift or install cable TV wiring in a completely different state across the country.

It got to the point that I would ban recruiter companies from my mail server after the 3rd such wildly incorrect inquiry.

It's routine for different recruiters from the same company to reach out, thinking that filtering is based on email address. I've even had a recruiting company stop sending from their company email addresses and use Gmail in order to avoid email filters.

These are the low ball recruiters that I want to simply go away and stop talking to me.

Grant. . . .