I haven't had any recruiters ask me about forklifts, but yeah, I do get some
that just match me up with "something computer-related" and contact me about
that.

But it occurs to me belatedly that you're talking about phone calls.  I don't
know what you and I are doing differently, but most recruiters email me, and
the rare phone calls I get are (so far) all w real gigs for me, I mean gigs
that I might conceivably be interested in.

The ones that aren't a good match, or when it's two or three recruiters from
the same company contacting me about the same req, those all come from just one
or two recruiting companies.  But they almost never know my name, and I can
throw their emails in my Junk folder without pangs of conscience.

Mostly if a recruiter knows my name (I mean, addresses his email to me and not
just to "Greetings"), I take the trouble to reply politely.  They're still my
source of work, after all.  And I may suddenly need to come out of my
semi-retirement, in which case I want them to think well of me.

---

/* The art of not reading is a very important one.  It consists in not taking
an interest in whatever may be engaging the attention of the general public at
any particular time. When some political or ecclesiastical pamphlet, or novel,
or poem is making a great commotion, you should remember that he who writes for
fools always finds a large public. A precondition for reading good books is not
reading bad ones: for life is short.  -Schopenhauer */