From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Seymour J Metz
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 4:45 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Help for US Talent

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the Texas Comptroller's email
system.
DO NOT click links or open attachments unless you expect them from the sender
and know the content is safe.

Why do you want to get rid of them? If a recruiter calls, I politely say that
I'm not interested at this time.
Depending on the context, I may politely explain that assembler programmer and
assembly line technician are very different skill sets, and that the skills
don't transfer well in either direction. No, I did not make this up, and it
isn't a one-time thing.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3