-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Gabe Goldberg
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 02:39

....regarding a point someone else made, once my IBM manager determined that I
was going to an IBM customer, not competitor, I was able to work through the
long notice I'd given to stop my manager from continuing to try to find a
transfer for me.

Funny, as I was leaving, more than one person said that was a great career move
-- go work for a customer or two, then come back with real-world
knowledge/skills, which were too scarce at IBM. I did the first part but forgot
to return.