From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Bob
Bridges <robhbrid...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 4:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Help for US Talent

I thought programming sounded boring, but I figured an accountant should know
something about computers so I signed up for a class.  Not boring.  I finished
my Accounting degree, but I went straight into coding and never looked back.

I agree with the folks who approved of your move.  Now that I'm a security
analyst, I disliked being required to do repetitive security administration -
but I have to admit that doing that work makes me more aware of what tools I
can write that really help the admins, at each particular site.

---

/* Only a very clever human can make a real Joke about virtue, or indeed about
anything else; any of them can be trained to talk AS IF virtue were funny.
Among flippant people the Joke is always assumed to have been made.  No one
actually makes it; but every serious subject is discussed in a manner which
implies that they have already found a ridiculous side to it.   -from The
Screwtape Letters by C S Lewis */