In <4589494201288586.wa.dlikensinfosecinc....@listserv.ua.edu>, on
07/23/2013
   at 06:41 AM, Donald Likens <dlik...@infosecinc.com> said:

>I have been working with SMP/E since before there was an E (SMP)
>(over 40 years) and I believe shops that limit themselves to SMP/E
>installed products are simply causing themselves extra work.

I might agree for a single CSECT product, but certainly not for a
product with dozens of components.

>I am a consultant and a software developer. Recently had two
>installs. One from IBM using SMP/E and another not using SMP/E. Both
>products were of similar size and complexity. The installation for
>the none SMP/E installation took under a day. The installation for
>the SMP/E installed product took about a week and cost my client
>much more money (consulting fees).

The Devil is in the details. Where did the time go? Were the two cases
really similar, or just the product sizes.

>If a shop required an SMP/E maintained product, I guess I would
>create a CSI etc. but I would download it like a serverpac.

Does that mean that all of your service would be in levelsets? You
might lose some potential customers if so.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>