From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ed Gould
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 5:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Linkage Editing VSE Phase in z/OS

Chuck,

*WAY BACK* in the 70's I used to "punch out" the macro definitions
and put them into a PDS (had to write a quick and dirty pgm to
create ./ add name= and insert them before each MACRO definitions.
Then I assembled DOS pgms on OS/360 (MFT if it matters) and took the
object decks and "linked" them on DOS it worked like a charm. The MFT
assembler output worked fine on DOS system. Mind you there were no
complicated programs with overlays & etc .... but it did work.

Ed