On 9/9/2013 9:58 AM, Ed Gould wrote:
This essentially makes in mandatory to be SMS on any volume and that means a lot of rule changes in the SMS constructs and in addition forcing SMS on just about any type of load module PDSE's. IN addition it seems to make in necessary for the whole SMS infrastructure to be in place day 1 of the new new COBOL. I am all for SMS but in a graduated fashion. Load modules PDSe's are a PITA in a lot of ways. My thinking is that there will be a lot of people NOT upgrading to the new COBOL just because of this.

SMS is not relevant to this discussion. PDSEs have not required SMS management since some ancient OS/390 release...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc