Mike,

The use of the "Integrated 3270" is not limited to the model of use embodied by
z/OS MCS console interaction (e.g. a single line of input) but rather supports
a broader range of the 3270 data stream.

In z/OS terms think about the possibility (not currently available) of having a
TSO session running ISPF available.  With this use in mind I think you can see
"fighting" about keyboard inputs would be very difficult.  (Note: VM does
support the use of the "Integrated 3270" for a virtual machine console which
could result in an ISPF presentation.)

I think the current limitation of not allowing multiple concurrent accessors
represents a typical first implementation (i.e. very conservative) that the
"designers of z" are wont to do.  My suggestion would be that anyone who is
interested in seeing this change find Ed Jaffe's requirement and concur with it
or alternatively open a similar requirement of their own.

Like many other features/functions of the z platform the "Integrated 3270" does
not behave exactly was one might like but none the less even with it's current
limitations it is useful.

John McDowell