Mark,

I understand what you are saying, the unintentional interleaving of multiple
user inputs, is something you can accept/overcome.  This is one possible
resolution of allowing multiple concurrent uses of the "Integrated 3270", I
personally favor a model of one writer/multiple readers such is often employed
in the various screen sharing technologies found in many conferencing
solutions.  (Note: I'm guessing the specific examples you offer are not for the
"Integrated 3270" but your essential point remains the same.)

The only question in my mind is how sophisticated a mechanism is needed to
"pass the baton" (e.g. become the one writer).  My initial thought is to keep
it simple, the first session is the writer, all subsequent sessions are
readers, the current writer can "pass the baton" to any reader.  If there is no
inter-session awareness then the writer can simply "lay down the baton" (e.g.
surrender the write privilege) and any reader can then "pick it up".

I'm sure there are other models that could be adopted but the key point that I
think we all agree on is that lifting the current restriction that prevents
multiple concurrent accessors of the "Integrated 3270" is very desirable.

John McDowell