On 10/23/2013 3:47 PM, John McKown wrote:
Curiosity question: Why do you need multiple remote I3270C sessions per
LPAR? If we ever go to z/OS 2.1 (iffy), we would only use it for IPLing. We
use SMCS consoles via TN3270 for other consoles, beyond the Visara ones in
the NOC (computer room adjunct).

We often have multiple people looking at the console messages via the Java app on the HMC, especially when we're having a problem shutting down a system after TSO is gone or starting a system up before TSO is available. My good friend the distinguished gentleman from California is correct, this is a serious shortcoming in the Integrated 3270 console support.

Regards,
Tom Conley