On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:54:54 -0500, John McDowell <jmcd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I agree that the inability to share the "Integrated 3270" among multiple
>concurrent sessions is unfortunate and that it would be a useful enhancement
>to list that restriction.  Off the top of my head I can see that the
>"ownership" of the keyboard will need to be resolved in some way, that is only
>one session should be allowed to provide keyboard inputs (i.e. cursor
>movement, attention keys, etc.).  Otherwise each session could be "fighting"
>with the other about what is being done :-(  I don't think this problem is
>insurmountable and in fact I can think of a couple of different design
>approaches that could be used to solve it.  Anyone who has used one of the
>Windows based conferencing tools has seen how this can be resolved.

I run into that  sometimes now with fellow sysprogs (usually not operations)
when IPLing
LPARs during a maintenance window.  Not a huge deal.   We either see two people
are
entering keystrokes or it ends up as an invalid command / reply if someone hits
the
enter key before we notice.   The shared consoles are via CA Automation Point,
but
also use AF Remote for this.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com