From:   "R.S." <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Date:   06/16/2014 11:03 AM
Subject:        Re: Dataset in Two master catalog
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

W dniu 2014-06-16 17:54, Skip Robinson pisze:
> Blessed are the pessimists, for they shall take backups. ;-)
>
> OTOH nothing scares me more than the prospect of depending on
stand-alone
> restore to IPL the enterprise.

For me it's a matter of training & expertise, but ...WHY STANDALONE?
We talk about single file, IODF. Very important during IPL, but quite
inactive during normal system run (with exception to HCD activities
including ACTIVATE processing).

Can you enlight us and tell us the prospect of such failure?

Regards

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland