>To the OP:
>Having seen enough asinine automation - are you sure that removing operlog
>right before JES wasn't done when operlog was first introduced,...

I fully agree, and yes, I do suspect that it is the outcome of some
misunderstanding. I wanted to get rid of this, just thought I'd better ask the
combined wisdom. It's been some years since I cared for such things; I might
have missed some common sense reason, or I might simply have forgotten.

Feeling good now to suggest no longer varying operlog offline.

--
Peter Hunkeler