You didn't say but from your results you apparently tested from within
an interactive TSO session, which runs IKJEFT01.  Now to complete the
test try invoking your invalid-keyword version of the CLIST  from the
SYSTSIN  SYSIN file in a Batch TSO job step where the JCL EXEC statement
invokes PGM=IKJEFT1A, with a SYSPROC DD pointing to your CLIST library,
and see what you get written to the SYSTSPRT SYSOUT file. I would be
willing to bet the "SEND RETURNED CC 92" does not appear in the batch
TSO test because the "WRITE" is never reached.

The whole point is that CLISTs under TSO/E behave (as documented)
somewhat differently in a batch IKJEFT1A/IKJEFT1B environment versus an
interactive TSO session.  This is what makes the adding of new cases
where SEND might return a non-zero RC a potential issue for CLISTs that
use SEND within batch TSO job steps.
        JC Ewing

--
Joel C. Ewing,    Bentonville, AR       jcew...@acm.org