On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 07:08:28 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>I was not sure if anyone posted this or saw this.  So here it is as posted on
>share.org on Sept 16th 2015.
>

>z/OS V2.2 PDFs are available zipped up
>
>Marna Walle
>
>Although today the z/OS V2.2 publications are not available on Knowledge
>Center,
>they will be very soon. The individual books are available as PDFs here:
>http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/library/bkserv/v2r2pdf/ .
>
>However, if you are like me, you want to have all the z/OS V2.2 PDFs handy. As
>you might have heard me say, I'm a heavy PDF user nowadays :). Well, the newly
>zipped up file of all the z/OS V2.2 books is available! Go to the IBM
>Publications Center (
>http://www-05.ibm.com/e-business/linkweb/publications/servlet/pbi.wss  ). The
>key piece of information you'll need is the publication number for the "ZIP of
>7/28 IBM z/OS V2R2 PDF Documentation". That publication number is SC27-8430;
>search on this number. Right now, it's at the -00 level for this zip.
>Now, if you look in that zip file, you'll see a directory (zOS V2R2 PDFs July
>2015) that has three indexes in it. I've been hitting my head on the wall
>trying to find out what they are there for, and what they can do to help me.
>The answer so far is "ignore them, they do nothing". If I find anything else
>out about them, I'll update this blog. Just wanted to point that out, so that
>you can avoid the headaches I've encountered trying to find out about them.
>If you need all the z/OS V2.2 PDFs, this is best place to find them.
>-Marna
>

>Lizette Koehler

Thanks for the link, Lizette.

To answer Marna's question about the index files in the "zOS V2R2 PDFs July
2015" directory, they are used by Adobe Acrobat.

In Windows Explorer if you click on the "zOS V2R2 PDFs July 2015.pdx" file in
the parent directory of the one containing the index files, an Acrobat search
window will open.

The button named "in the index named zOS V2R2 PDFs July 2015.pdx" should be
already checked.

Type something in the search box (fwfriendly for example) and press enter or
click on "search".

For "fwfriendly" it listed 9 documents. I clicked on one to see all the places
that the word occurs in the document. Then clicked on one of those to see the
whole page.

Bill