On 24/10/2015 8:18 AM, Tony Harminc wrote:
On 23 October 2015 at 10:12, Leonardo Vaz <leonardo....@cn.ca> wrote:
I could not find documentation on how to create an enclave SRB that would make
use of the zIIP processor.
Is this documented anywhere?
As Bob said, it's available to ISVs. If you can convince IBM that you
are one (perhaps CN sells software, even if it's not your main
business. Heh - Ruby on Rails...?) then maybe they'll tell you.

Start here for the ISV route:
http://dtsc.dfw.ibm.com/MVSDS/'HTTPD2.PT217.HTML(INDEX)'

Cool! IBM are serving HTML from a PDS!

And don't forget the one documented and supported way to get your own
program to run on a zAAP/zIIP: write it in Java.

Good advice. That's what I've been doing recently. Java used to be a cart horse a few years ago but it's pretty quick these days. It does burn a hell of a lot more cycles than C/C++ with the multi-threaded JVM and GC and it's still a memory hog but it's decent. And my word there is a hell of a runtime library. Scala goes pretty well on z/OS too.

Good luck.

Tony H.