Since Scala compiles to Java byte code and is run like any other java class
or jar application, I don't see how z/OS could differentiate between byte
code from Scala (or Groovy or JPython or ????) and Java itself. But I've
been proven wrong before.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> wrote:

> On 24 October 2015 at 00:53, David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Scala goes pretty well on z/OS too.
>
> That's an interesting one.Depending on how you interpret those IBM
> rules, it may or may not be legit to run it on a zAAP/zIIP. I can
> pretty much parse the rule either way, but of course it's IBM who gets
> to choose the reading that counts.
>
> Tony H.

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown