On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 11:26:30 -0400, Clark Morris wrote:

>Could data sets be set up in different catalogs in the bronze-plex
>with GRS told not to propagate the enqueue (i.e. local to each system)
>in the 2 LPARS?  If that can be done, would the experiment work
>differently?  Would any special access be needed?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Skip said that the data sets are in different
catalogs on each system.

If GRS was told that the ENQ was to remain local, then the other system
wouldn't
know that it was enqueued, and would have no problem deleting the data set.

However, I believe that skip had written in an earlier append that hos
bronzeplex
was a combination of two sysplexes. If that is the case, telling GRS not to
propagate
 the ENQ would have been a bad idea because some of the other systems in the
sysplex would have shared DASD with the system holding the ENQ, but they
wouldn't have known either.

--
Tom Marchant