I don't know of a 'classic' definition. To me bronze-plex is a fully functional
parallel sysplex that shares little or nothing more than what's required for
sysplex, essentially the control data sets plus any others that might be needed
for 'qualifying' sysplex exploiters. JES is not on the list. My bronze-plex
does indeed contain two different JES(2) nodes that communicate via NJE as if
they were 1000s of miles apart.

OTOH I have run configurations before parallel sysplex even existed that
contained two separate JES2 nodes. Never had a special name for that other than
primary/secondary. In my mind, bronze-plex is a configuration born, like mine,
of the need to qualify for parallel sysplex pricing. That actual need has long
since disappeared due to configuration changes, but splitting the bronze-plex
apart would require additional hardware resources--at least CF engines and
maybe memory plus effort to accomplish--that so far have not seemed compelling.

.
.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson