From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CONSOLE command failing - what else to check?

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Todd Burrell <todd_burr...@csx.com> wrote:

> I have 2 users and one can successfully execute the CONSOLE command
> while running it in a started task and in batch, but the other user
> cannot.  From what I can tell they are both connected to the same RACF
> groups and both should have all of the necessary access required to
> run the CONSOLE command
> - but one fails with a RC 36 which indicates they are not authorized?
> Also, there are no RACF error messages for the failing user - and
> nothing when I ran RACFICE this morning in the violation report?
>
> I seem to remember there is something else that might need to get
> changed in TSO?  Does anyone have anything else I can check?

​Does the second one have appropriate access to the CONSOLE profile in the
TSOAUTH class in RACF?

​ref:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieag300/iea3g3140.htm

--
If you look around the poker table & don't see an obvious sucker, it's you.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address.
Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly
by receipt of this email.