Joel C. Ewing wrote:

>I seem to remember the CONSOLE command has a way to specify a logical console
>name (optional NAME parameter on CONSOLE ACTIVATE), and if unspecified the
>default was based on the RACF userid.

Yes, I also remember that during my playing with CONSOLE inside a REXX program
trying to debug a timing problem waiting to receive a message.

> -- you must also avoid console name conflicts.

More true, if you're logged on on several LPARs with same TSO id and having
tried in SDSF to use 'Extended console name'.

So for example, on LPAR 1, I use <id>1 as Extended console name, on LPARX, I
use <id>X, and so on.

>... be sure that user is not running his batch job while holding an activated
>console session with the same console name under his TSO session.

Ouch, I got burned by that one, quick to fix, but somewhat hard to debug... ;-D

Thanks Joel for sharing your wisdom. Much appreciated.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht