From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
Sean Gleann <sean.gle...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Parmlib members change control?

I'm coming under pressure from 'upstairs' regarding the idea of
implementing change control or versioning on parmlib members and other
'control'-type files (WLM policy, SMS rules, RACF, etc)

Currently, I manually maintain 'change history' comments in each member,
and a previous version 'backout' member, but that is a highly manual task,
subject to a high level of self-discipline (and on occasion I have either
bypassed or screwed up that procedure.

I've looked at the idea of using SCLM for this, but it all seems like using
a sledgehammer to crack a hazelnut. Git has also been suggested, and I'm
still looking at that.

Does anyone else do anything like this, and if so, would you be prepared to
share your experiences, please?

Sean Gleann