Good lord no.

I'm reminded that somehow ("magically I guess"), we all managed to survive the
60s, 70s, 80s, and even the early 90s without this formal change control
nonsense.

If you must track, then the product from action software works.

Otherwise no, just no, easy solution below.

current parm/proclib member - current name
backout parm/proclib member - with a $ suffix at the end (if you want one more
backlevel, then use a # as the suffix)

Implementation and backout plans work wonders and have been way before formal
change management was ever devised.