" I don't agree that all new applications should
be 64 bit. That is overkill. 32-bit/4 GiB should
be enough for almost all commercial applications."

"According to the analyst deck
<https://www.ibm.com/investor/att/pdf/IBM-2Q18-Earnings-Charts.pdf> circulated
with the latest set of quarterly financials, the IBM Z mainframe business,
listed under its ‘systems segment’ has doubled year-on-year, pulling in a
tidy US$2.2 billion ($2.96 billion)

Overall revenue rose nearly 4 percent to US$20 billion ($26.9 billion),
beating analysts’ average estimate of $19.85 billion ($26.7 billion),
according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S."

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/mainframe-sales-double-in-latest-ibm-profit-498679

Joe