+1

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@listserv..ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Don Poitras
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 4:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AMODE 32

<bdis...@dissensoftware.com> wrote:
> >What problem would this solve?
> It would set the long-term model for the
> mainframe, instead of being stuck with
> 24/31-bit software for eternity.
> >This would be of zero use for existing applications,
> I don't agree. Existing applications can be
> modified to be 32-bit clean and have maximum
> possible address space as per 32-bit.
> > and new applications should simply use 64 bit.
> I don't agree that all new applications should
> be 64 bit. That is overkill. 32-bit/4 GiB should
> be enough for almost all commercial applications.
> BFN. Paul.

When you brought this up a year ago, I don't think you convinced anyone
that this was a useful change or that IBM should reasonably spend
dollars doing it. I doubt much has changed since then to improve your
chances.

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513