On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 07:46:59 -0400, Don Poitras <sas...@sas.com> wrote:

> When you brought this up a year ago, I don't think you convinced anyone
> that this was a useful change or that IBM should reasonably spend
> dollars doing it. I doubt much has changed since then to improve your
> chances.

Last time I was trying to add a LOC=32
to GETMAIN for use by AMODE 64 programs.

This time I want to retain normal LOC=ANY
for GETMAIN, and introduce a new AMODE 32.

Previously I didn't have a practical way of
adding AM32. It is only recently that I
realized that bits 1-7 of a 32-bit register
could be used by BSM.

I thought more people would like to see a
long-term z/OS that ran purely 32-bit and
64-bit software like other platforms do.

BFN. Paul.