>I never apply maintenance to a running system.

If true, then it sounds like your case is the exact one for which LNKLST
UNALLOCATE and LNKLST ALLOCATE were created.
You are (I hope) enlarging an uncataloged-on-this-system SYS1.MIGLIB data
set.
And the only problem would have been the running system's ENQ on the
running system's SYS1.MIGLIB data set.
So you use LNKLST UNALLOCATE.
Then you do whatever you want with your uncataloged data set.

There would have been no reason to stop LLA.

But if you are playing with LNKLST SETs then either you shouldn't be or
your initial statement is not true.

There is no way to remove SYS1.MIGLIB from a LNKLST set. You would have
had to IPL with a SYSLIB MIGLIB statement.

And while you appear to have lucked out in whatever you did, you put your
system at risk while you were doing it.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design