On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:49 AM Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> >I never apply maintenance to a running system.
>
> If true, then it sounds like your case is the exact one for which LNKLST
> UNALLOCATE and LNKLST ALLOCATE were created.
> You are (I hope) enlarging an uncataloged-on-this-system SYS1.MIGLIB data
> set.
> And the only problem would have been the running system's ENQ on the
> running system's SYS1.MIGLIB data set.
> So you use LNKLST UNALLOCATE.
> Then you do whatever you want with your uncataloged data set.
>
> There would have been no reason to stop LLA.

Curious. I have a "WHOHAS" which shows SYSDSN enqueues on a DSN. On both a
z/OS 1.12 and 2.3 system, it shows:

sys1.miglib,
OWNERS=      2 ,WAIT EXCLUSIVE=        ,WAIT SHARED=,
JOBNAME=XCFAS   ,TYPE=OWNER  ,USE=SHARED,
JOBNAME=LLA     ,TYPE=OWNER  ,USE=SHARED,
ENTER DSNAME WITHOUT QUOTES - NO LEADING BLANKS,

--
This is clearly another case of too many mad scientists, and not enough
hunchbacks.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown