On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 14:22:51 -0500, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 2:19 PM Carmen Vitullo <cvitu...@hughes.net> wrote:
>
>> I would not do anything to remove ENQ from the running systems MIGLIB
>> what I normally do is on the target volume
>> 1) allocate a new SYS1.MIGLIB.NEW - larger primary and more dir blocks
>> 2) copy the existing target MIGLIB to the new MIGLIB
>> 3) if you have authority you should be able to RENAME ON THAT TARGET
>> VOLUME the SYS1.MIGLIB to SYS1.MIGLIB.OLD, or something
>>

>IIRC, you can use IEHPROGM to do that. I don't think it does an ENQ on the
>DSN.

Isn't ISPF 3.4 rename a lot easier?   I've been doing that instead of using
IEHPROGM
or programs like BYPASSNQ / DELNOENQ since the rename while ENQ facility became
available in OS/390 R10 (seems like a life time ago now!). You just need RACF
(SAF)
access to STGADMIN.DPDSRN.** (or STGADMIN.DPDSRN.dsn_to_rename) in the
FACILITY class.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.idas300/rname.htm

Regards,

Mark