First, my apologies for the garbled reply. I was in an airport and (a.)
misconstrued Peter's note as a private reply; and (b.) my Samsung Android
e-mail client total garbles LISTSERV replies.

Second, there can be little disagreement about the awfulness of two almost
indistinguishable commands with almost the same name. I don't see how anyone
can disagree with the assertion that the first two sentences contradict each
other. I am going to separate them out here to make it more obvious:

The COPYGROUP statement has the same effect as the COPYGRP statement when
either the input or the output data set or both are partitioned format, that is
either PDS or PDSEs.

The function of a COPYGROUP statement differs from COPYGRP only if both of the
data sets are PDSs.

Third, with regard to IEBCOPY's failing and then exiting with return code zero,
I can't find any documentation that specifies the meaning of a zero return
code, but issuing IGW01557W MEMBER NOT COPIED and then exiting with return code
zero certainly violates the principle of least astonishment.

Fourth, I will reply to the entry point issue separately.

Charles