On Wednesday, 06/07/2006 at 05:46 AST, Rich Greenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Is there any possibility that VTAM, being a bit long in the tooth, was
> set up before SFS was as reliable as it presently is?  Perhaps a few
> added sections in the PPF file(s) . . . . . ?

The networking product set never really embraced SFS, primarily, I
believe, due to the lack of customer demand.  The phone lines were never
burning up with flames from irate customers.  I don't believe SFS
reliability was ever an issue since it isn't in the VTAM runtime
environment.

But, sure, if you're up to overriding the PPF as Kris suggested, then go
ahead.  Except for the configuration disk (298) and the run disk (29A), I
don't think there's anything that can't live in SFS.