I call this Psuedo-standard labels because of the lack of HDR1, EOF1, EOV

labels. This has worked well enough for at least 12 years of successful
Disaster Recovery exercises. The only problem I have hit is remembering t
IPL the tape drive twice to get to my standalone DDR program that leads m
sysres backup.

With 3590 tapes and being able to stack multiple backups on a single tape
 it
would be nice if DDR understood REAL standard labels.

/Tom Kern