I tell the DR vendor assistant to IPL device xxxx that I have my initial
sysres backup tape loaded on. I run ONE standalone DDR to restore MY sysr
es
and then IPL my sysres to restore the rest of the system. Our MVS people
use
the vendor's floor system to load a PDS of job control information and th
en
modify and submit jobs to do their restores. My initial standalone DDR ta
kes
less time than their load and setup of their first job. I considered load
ing
my programs into the vendor's floor VM system, but thought that modifying

the directory to include my DR service virtual machines would probably ta
ke
just as long as the DDR of my sysres that already has the servers defined
,
the minidisk with all the programs and the tape catalog of all the backup
s I
need to restore.

/Tom Kern