If you also have network monitoring requirements, the client code that I wrote for the Hobbit network monitor can do some of this. It can be configured to watch the paging space and optionally send alerts at a certain threshhold.

If you already have a network monitor, perhaps the program can be modified to work with it. Or it could be just used stand-alone.

You can find Hobbit here:
http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net

The VM client is here:
http://www.vmassist.com/rs_samples

Jim Bohnsack wrote:
If Endicott spends any time on this "opportunity", related to what you said about the situation of going from 90% page full to an abend is the spool going from 90% and putting out an HCPPGT401I message to 100% and putting out an HCPPGT400I message. On any system I have ever supported, I want to be notified way before the 90% mark. A looping user can take the spool from 90% to 100% very quickly.

I would prefer to be able to set the message threshold(s) in SYSTEM CONFIG. Ideally, I would like to see a message put out if there is a sudden, big change.
Jim